Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tasting the Brie.....mmm-good!

They liked it!

Today, I took Brie number two (the first one that seems to have the right height-to-diameter ratio) into work and sent out an e-mail invitation to my co-workers to come around for a sampling.  It was well received by everyone!
I cut out a good sized wedge and then split it down the middle - laying it open, with rind-side down.  Then, covered with a few walnut pieces and drizzled an apple-cider-molasses over top.  Popped it into the toaster oven for it to lightly melt, and voila!
So, I'm very happy with this success, especially since the whole process took only 4 weeks.

Here's something very strange; the original wine-cooler/cheese cave has risen from the dead to once again maintain desired temperatures!  We'll see how long it lasts.  I may get more milk tomorrow and build another brie. 

Cheesey-boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment