They liked it!
Today, I took Brie number two (the first one that seems to have the right height-to-diameter ratio) into work and sent out an e-mail invitation to my co-workers to come around for a sampling. It was well received by everyone!
I cut out a good sized wedge and then split it down the middle - laying it open, with rind-side down. Then, covered with a few walnut pieces and drizzled an apple-cider-molasses over top. Popped it into the toaster oven for it to lightly melt, and voila!
So, I'm very happy with this success, especially since the whole process took only 4 weeks.
Here's something very strange; the original wine-cooler/cheese cave has risen from the dead to once again maintain desired temperatures! We'll see how long it lasts. I may get more milk tomorrow and build another brie.